Jobs Available In Singapore During Circuit Breaker Period
Currently, Singapore is going through an unprecedented period with the “circuit breaker” in effect until May 4, 2020 (extended to June 1, 2020).
The government is doing their part to support Singaporeans with various measures including support for Singaporeans affected directly or indirectly by Covid-19.
Jobs are scarce right now.
Fret not, here we bring you a list of jobs that are available during the “circuit breaker” period in Singapore:
1. Rainbow Care
Rainbow Care provides home care, mobility, respiratory and rehabilitation equipment and services. They are located in Ubi and open during this circuit breaker period.
Currently, Rainbow Care has 4 jobs listed with us.
2. Food Delivery Services
Food delivery services in Singapore have contactless delivery so if you have a motorbike, car or bicycle do apply with these food delivery services:
- Food Panda: One of the big 3 food delivery companies in Singapore. Need to choose shifts to work in advance. Earn tips and incentives when you refer friends or meet delivery targets. No base pay with earnings based on the number of deliveries you make. Open to Singaporeans and PRs (minimum age: 18 years) with motorbike, bicycle or ebike.
- WhyQ: They work with famous hawker centres and food courts. Base salary paid but not clear whether WhyQ pays per delivery too. Mode of transport plus minimum age not mentioned.
- Deliveroo: Another one of the big 3 food delivery services in Singapore. Flexible timings with referral incentives. No base pay with earnings based on the number of deliveries made. Open to Singaporeans and PRs with motorbike or bicycle.
- Grab Food: Grab Food rounds up the top 3 food delivery services. Create your own schedule with referral incentives and tips to keep. Daily pay for deliveries made. Open to Singaporeans and PRs. Deliveries can be made on motorbike, bicycle or foot.
- Grain: A former client of ours, Grain is seeking Full Time Meal Box Delivery Rider. Salary is $10/Hr and need to work 6 days a week with lunch (10:00am – 2:30pm) or dinner (5:00pm – 9:30pm) shifts assigned with $200/month vehicle allowance (parking, cashcard and fuel costs covered by company).
Pro Tip: Many stalls in hawker centres do not work with food delivery services so you can work out a win-win arrangement to make deliveries for stalls in hawker centres.
Here’s what one stall “Jun Yuan House Of Fish” in Old Airport Hawker Centre did for their deliveries:
Supermarkets all around Singapore are operating during this period so it would be worthwhile to contact them for job openings.
Here is a list of the major supermarket chains in Singapore with their employment sections:
- Dairy Farm Group: They run Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant, 7-Eleven and Guardian. Walk into any of their stores or you can contact them for job openings at email@example.com
- NTUC Fairprice: They need no introduction and have outlets all over Singapore. Walk into any of their stores to enquire about job openings or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sheng Shiong: They operate 107 stores Islandwide in Singapore and are currently hiring drivers, stackers, warehouse assistants and cashiers. Walk into any of their stores to enquire about job openings or contact them at email@example.com.
- Prime Supermarket: They operate 20+ stores insland wide in Singapore. Walk into any of their stores to enquire about job openings or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hao Mart: They have Cashier / Store Assistant / Sales Assistant job opportunities across nearly 50 outlets islandwide. Must be at least 18 years or older. Walk into any of their stores to enquire about job openings or contact Kingston at 91270160 via WhatsApp to apply.
Pro Tip: Contact your nearby provision stores, they may need help.
Did we miss out any supermarket chains? If yes, leave a comment below and let us know.
4. Restaurants & Cafes
Restaurants and cafes can only do takeways during this period but it would still worthwhile to contact them for job openings.
Here is a list of the restaurant and cafe directories that you can use for your job search:
- My Food Stories: They provide an alphabetical list of restaurants and cafes in one single page so you can see everything at a glance.
- Street Directory Restaurant Guide: They provide a restaurant list broken down by categories so if you are only keen on working for a halal restaurant for example, you can easily filter and see the choices.
- Restaurant Association of Singapore: They have a one-page list of restaurants that are members of their association. All restaurants are linked directly to their websites which makes finding contact details super easy.
- Burpple: Burpple is a user-generated food review site. The neat thing is that you can search for restaurants and cafes via location.
- HungryGoWhere: They are a food guide, restaurant review and reservations platform. Here you can search for restaurants and cafes by name and location.
Your Turn Now
We wish you the best in your job search.
But most importantly, stay safe! #SGUnited 🇸🇬
Leave a comment if you know of places that are hiring and we will add to this article.
Don’t forget to share it with friends and family.